"Confluence of Connecticut and Deerfield Rivers", 1835, 8 1/8 in x 10 5/16 Image courtesy of Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association/Memorial Hall Museum.
This view, looking north, shows the Connecticut River on the right. The large bridge, built in 1825, replaced the original bridge of 1802 that was destroyed in a flood. The bridge over the Deerfield River, on the left, dates from 1806. It, in turn, replaced a bridge originally built in 1798.